Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July 2012

Our 4th was a little (actually a lot) different than what we usually do.  We have lived here for 23 years and for that entire time we have gotten together on the 3d of July, somewhere by USU to watch the fireworks and have a picnic together as a family.  It has been as traditional as Christmas. This year Davinn is gone, Desiree is very pregnant, Shellece's whole family is gone, Radell  is 2 hours away, Marshall had a class, Channing had to work and I probably could go on but you get the picture.  So we changed the date and celebrated the 4th on the 4th instead of the 3d as usual.  We went to Hyrum to Marshalls house and watched the Hyrum fireworks there.  Danielle had her parents and other members of her family there.  So all in all it was very different. But I won't complain because any time I am together with any of my family I am a happy mother.  I missed terribly the children who weren't there but enjoyed very much the ones I was lucky enough to be with.  I also enjoyed Danielle's parents very much.


Regardless of the occasion I feel a need to decorate.  Sometimes it seems a little silly since most of the time no one notices and we just throw it all away at the end of the day.  But it is fun for me and hopefully some day others will enjoy it.




Marsh make Root Beer again and it was wonderful.  I think he has it down.  I drank so much I felt like I could float. We never get tired of it.  Thanks, Marsh.



Desiree and her girls made treats for our event and these are her fun rice krispie treats.  They were a big hit as usual.





 I seldom get a picture of Channing so whenever it is possible I grab it. 



 Tanner has no fear of heights.  He scared me to death as he climbed on top of the swing set and then jumped down to the tramp.


 Here is the most popular little guy of the night.  Everyone wanted a chance to hold Tretyn.  He is such a good baby and so dang cute.






 These two missed their buddy Clay but enjoyed themselves anyway.

 This is Daniell's dad Stan.  He is a pretty sweet guy and a great grandpa.  This little one adores her grandpa and the feeling seems to be mutual.




 All decked out for the celebrations.



 Lanessa was a sweet heart and bought sparklers for everyone.  Tayson also had a bunch from his birthday that he shared.  All the kids loved it.






No comments:

Post a Comment