For the last four years I have been having what I call 'Grandma Debbie Camp'. I divide all my grandkids into age groups and then we set dates in the summer and I plan various activities to do with them. I am so sad that I have not blogged before this because is going to be a neat thing for me and hopefully for the kids to go back and look at pictures. This is my oldest group of kids and the first of the year.
Before even leaving Logan we went out to lunch, went shopping for food and stopped here and got Shaved Ice. This is Jace's new thing. I hardly have any pictures of him cause he hated it.
Every year we pick out a puzzle and put it together. We then glue it together. All the kids sign the puzzle and I have them at home. I need to do something with them, like hang them somewhere. Notice Jace.
Kids played forever with this water things. I love when they laugh and enjoy each others company.
Gotta notice the shirts. I started having shirts made like year. This year this kids designed the shirts. Everyone got to pick there own color. I thought it was kinda cool that we all ended up with different colors without me even planning it that way. We ate lunch here. The butterfly below was in the yard.
We went to Minatonka cave and these are the stairs that lead to it.
These cute little guys were at Minetonka Cave. The hands you are seeing belong to Tylee and Addason. I bought them a package of peanuts and the chipmunks loved them. We tried feeding them beef jerky but they were real excited about it.
This is Jace feeding the chipmunk. He was all smiles the whole time.
Last year for the first time we went to Pickleville Playhouse. The kids loved it so much that we decided to do it again. Pickleville has a running play that they do every year. Last year it was called 'Who Shot Banito', this year 'Who hung Banito. Same main star every year. It is real funny and we love it. Although they all agreed that last year was better than this year.
This little paddle boat caused us a lot of stress. First of all I never knew that this is what a paddle boat looks like. I have ridden in one at Lagoon and it didn't look anything like this. Tylee never wanted to go cause she is afraid of boats and deep water but I kept telling her that it is just a fun little boat--no worries. It started out just fine and we were all laughing about how slow we were going and how it would take us the whole hour to just get to the end of the dock. Jace and Addason were the ones who wanted to do the paddling. I thought I would just stay in the back and comfort Tylee. After about 15 minutes I noticed we had kinda gone far out so told Jace to turn it around and get closer to the beach. So he tried really hard but we kept going in circles or not going at all. A guy on a wave runner stopped and ask if we were okay and we said yes we were fine cause at the time we thought we were. In another 10 minutes I realized we were far away from the beach, as in way far away. Tylee kept saying 'we are going to die'. I kept telling her we were fine cause we had on life jackets. Finally someone came and ask if we needed help and we quickly said yes. But no one came, and then someone else came and said "Hey do you guys realize you have drifted far away? Do you need help?"Again but a little more anxious I said again "PLEASE". So after about another 15 minutes the coast guard or whatever they are called, came and rescued us. I was so grateful, Tylee was scared and Jace was mad. Addasson was just going with the flow. But I felt better when the guys on the boat that picked us up said that we were the fourth group to need help because of the wind. It kinda put a damper on things for awhile but everyone cheered up in awhile
Here is our finished puzzle. We picked this one because it worked for boys and girls. You know 'flowers and a pig'!!! Addason and I mostly worked on it with an occasionally help from Tylee and Jace.
This was breakfast every morning. YUMMY--but it want was picked out.
I brought chocolate and strawberries to have dipped chocolates but we never did it untill the morning we left and by then a lot of the strawberries had spoiled. But what we had were really yummy.
Our ending picture. See everyone is still happy although somewhat tired. We stayed up late but slept in. Well actually all three of them said that getting up at 9 is not sleeping in but I thought I was being generous. I love these three guys and am grateful they were so good and got along with each other so well. I never had any problems and look forward to next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment